Operating Your System
Alarm systems are easier to operate than many of your everyday appliances. To help you use your alarm system effectively, we have listed a few important tips about its operation.
- When communicating with your Servicing Dealer or the Counterforce Monitoring Station always identify yourself with your name, system number and password.
- Keep your System Number, account number and applicable Password confidential.
- When you need information about the operation of your system, call your Servicing Dealer.
- If you are planning renovations that may interfere with or change your protection requirements, call your Servicing Dealer.
- If you are uncertain whether or not your alarm system is functioning properly, call the Counterforce Monitoring Station and test your system.
- To change your Call List, use our confidential, Call List Update Form or call the Counterforce Monitoring Station and ask for a Customer Service Representative.
- If you make any changes to your phone system i.e., add new features, test your alarm system to ensure it will still communicate properly.
A Cancel Code allows you to disarm your Alarm System with a confidential code immediately after accidentally setting off a false alarm. Because disarming requires a confidential code, the receipt at the monitoring station of a Cancel Code tells the station that an authorized person is at the premises, the alarm is false, and no further action is required. The Cancel Code is a tool used by Counterforce to reduce false alarms. It saves the customer or subscriber the embarrassment of receiving a phone call from the Monitoring Station, and will also prevent the possibility of a dispatch of Emergency Services vehicles.
Not all alarm systems are programmed with a Cancel Code. For more information on Cancel Codes, call your servicing dealer.
Need a New User Manual for Your Alarm System?
Please click HERE to download a copy of your alarm system's User Manual. You may also call your local servicing Dealer for a copy as well.